Congratulations on making it to your final semester in the undergraduate engineering program!
Fall 2021 Graduation Application Deadline : September 10
Spring/Summer 2022 Graduation Application Deadline: January 28
If you are late to these deadlines you will still be able to graduate but your name may not appear in the graduation ceremony programs.
Instructions to File to Graduate
!! Failure to follow these instructions may result in issues with graduation !!
- Watch the Coe Graduation Check VideoVideo covers information on filing to graduate, career prep reminders, graduation ceremonies, final official transcript, diplomas, and letter of confirmation. Watching this video is required.
- Complete the CoE Graduation Check Google Form
- The CoE Graduation Check Google Form will walk you through all of the required steps that you need to file to graduate.
- You need to be logged into your hawaii.edu account to access the CoE Graduation Check Google form.
- Email your Degree Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by above posted deadline. (Information to download and fill out the Degree Application included within the CoE Graduation Check Google Form.)
- Keep an eye out for emails confirming that you are filed to graduate
Engineering students have two graduation ceremonies that you can participate in to celebrate your academic achievement. Both graduation ceremonies are optional, you do not have to participate in them to graduate. If you do plan to participate, you will need to register to participate.
Commencement is UHM’s cap and gown ceremony for the whole campus (all majors). Participation in commencement is optional. Since COVID-19 the commencement ceremonies have been cancelled or changed to a photo opportunity because we were unable to hold large gatherings. UHM’s commencement office has not made an announcement for the plans for the fall ceremony yet. But the sign up for commencement and information on what will be held will be updated on the commencement website. The Commencement Office will email everyone who is filed to graduate as well. If you do plan to participate you will need to register to participate.
Tentatively Scheduled: Saturday after Final’s week – December 18, 2021
Registration for commencement: Sept 15 – Dec 1, 2021
Convocation is the College of Engineering’s graduation ceremony for our engineering students. Participation in convocation is optional. If you would like to receive the Order of the Engineer ring, participation is required to take the Oath of the Engineer during the ceremony. Since COVID-19, we have held an online ceremony through Zoom and streamed it live on YouTube for your family and friends to watch. Please stay tuned for updates as we explore the possibility of holding an in-person ceremony. If you do plan to participate you will need to register to participate.
Time/Date: Evening of the Friday of Final’s week – December 17, 2021
Registration for convocation: Sept 15 – Dec 1, 2021
Link to convocation registration will be emailed to all students who have filed to graduate starting on Sept 15
Keeping your UH email account after graduation
If you would like to keep your UH email account after graduation you can enroll in the ʻOhana Online services. Otherwise, your UH email account will be deactivated after the grace period.