Safety Guidelines and Laboratory or Workshop Practices
- Prior to working in a lab, all students are required to participate in a safety briefing given by faculty/staff who regularly work in the lab.
- Prior to performing any work in the lab, students are required to be trained on safe procedures to follow while conducting experiments and operating equipment in the lab.
- All students are required to complete and sign a general Assumption of Risk,Release,and indemnity Agreement form.
- Undergraduates and Graduates are prohibited from working alone and unsupervised in laboratories outside regular hours 7:45 am – 4:30 pm, and on weekends and holidays.
- In case of a fire, immediately leave the laboratory/ workshop and pull the closest fire alarm. Do not use the elevators. Call x66911 from a safe place outside the building.
- In case of an accident, call x66911 or have someone call and provide the following information: your name, location, nature of emergency.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in laboratories/workshops.
Safety is an integral and important part of your education, your work, and your life!
Periodic, unannounced laboratory/workshop inspections will be conducted. If any student is caught working alone outside regular hours, that laboratory/workshop will be closed to any work in which there is not a designated instructor in the laboratory/workshop for two months.