Implementation Consultant at Fast Enterprises, LLC
Contact: Taylor Kreider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Congratulations on exploring your career opportunities with FAST and taking the first step to becoming a FASTie! A FASTie? Yes, a FASTie.
FAST-ie ’faeste noun
1. an energetic, intelligent, enthusiastic person who works at Fast Enterprises. 2. a person dedicated to modernizing government technology to better serve the general public. 3. someone who is open to adventure and wants to experience new places around the world. 4. someone who enjoys collaboration with clients and camaraderie with teammates while solving business and technology problems.
If the description below speaks to you, take 5 minutes (seriously, only 5 minutes) to apply!
As an Implementation Consultant on our team, you will be involved with all phases of the implementation of our software solution. We have sites across North America and abroad and candidates should be flexible with respect to work locations.
Candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in:
Computer/Management Information Systems, or
FAST may also consider graduates from other areas of study when supplemented with technical experience or aptitude. Candidates should also possess strong communication skills.
Data Warehousing & Analytics Consultant at Fast Enterprises
Contact: Taylor Kreider (email@example.com)
Location: United States
Description: At FAST, we specialize in providing premier products and services to government agencies. We work with city, county, state, provincial and national governments to implement systems that are used to administer a wide variety of public programs.
When you join FAST, you’ll be part of a team that provides quality customer service and superior solutions that are delivered on time and on budget.
To meet the needs of our employees, we provide competitive benefits packages in each of our business locations around the world.
As a Data Warehousing and Analytics Consultant on our team, you will be involved with data warehousing, business intelligence, and data analytics. We have sites across North America and abroad. Candidates should be flexible with respect to work locations.
Candidates should possess a degree in one of the following areas:
• Computer/Management Information Systems
• Computer Science
FAST may also consider graduates from other areas of study when supplemented with technical experience or aptitude.
Candidates are not required to have a background in data warehousing and analytics. However, candidates should have an interest in working with data and performing data analysis. Strong communication skills are imperative
Exposure to specific technology is not required. However, 1-2 years of Data Warehousing or Analytics experience, and extensive knowledge of SQL, SQL Server, or Oracle DMBS is desirable.
To apply: To apply, please visit http://www.fastenterprises.com
Project Engineer at Isemoto Contracting
Contact: Loren Tsugawa (firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Hawaiʻi Island (Hilo or Kona)
Description: Large general contractor, Isemoto Contracting, has opening for full-time entry-level Project Engineer positions at their Hilo and Kona office on the Big Island.
Must have valid drivers’ license with clean driving abstract (employer will verify) and dependable vehicle transportation.
Isemoto Contracting is the largest construction company based on the Big Island, consistently ranking in top 25 largest contractors in the State. Type of work includes heavy sitework, buildings, roads & highways, utilities and other governmental and commercial projects.
To apply: To apply, email resume to email@example.com and specify which office (Hilo or Kona) applying for.
Project Engineer at F&H
Contact: Samantha Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Maui, HI
Description: Project Engineer assists Project Manager and Superintendent by providing technical support to construction staff; reviewing plans and other technical documents; answering questions regarding the scope and/or timing of
the project; and monitoring costs and project progress. The Project Engineer may be the primary Project Engineer on an aggregate of $5 Million in projects at one time or may be assigned to assist a Project Manager on larger projects.
Leadership and Communication Skills:
• Ability to work take instruction and work under a direct supervisor
• Ability to collaborate with team and manage multiple tasks, produce work on a time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
• Demonstrate good time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences while maintaining positive relationships
• Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to ensure project success
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written Technical Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with contract formats; draft, and issue change order(s) scope to subcontractors with oversight by Project Manager prior to submission
• Familiarity with surveying, scheduling, drawings, and construction sequencing
• Proficient computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Duties and Responsibilities (Under supervision of a Project Manager):
• Coordinate job site set up and develop site logistics plan
• Prepare client billing by assembling and reviewing all F&H Construction costs and subcontractors invoices.
• Prepares monthly “fee and cost status” reports for the Project Manager and prints other optional reports at Project Manager’s request
• Tracks Subcontractor Certificates of Insurance (COI) and monitors expiration dates
• Prepares the project submittal schedule
• Processes, tracks and returns all shop drawings and submittals on time
• Confirms all shop drawings, submitted by Superintendent or subcontractor for accuracy and coordinates with other contract documents and adjacent trades
• Coordinates as necessary with other trades, distributes field-use shop drawings, and maintains complete job file, including all logs
• Coordinates the jobsite including procurement of project bonds, insurance, permits and utilities
• Assists Project Manager in developing possible alternative construction schemes and methods for evaluation with related cost and time impacts
• Assists in preparing, monitoring, updating and distributing the Master Construction Schedule
• Documents time impacts to the project
• Expedites critical materials at the direction of the Superintendent and/or Project Manager
• Prepares agenda and documents for distribution for all Subcontractor coordination and Client/Architect meetings
• Prepares all documents for monthly progress meeting with Senior Management
• Assists Project Manager in maintaining equitable and businesslike relationships among Client, Subcontractors, and Suppliers
• Setup of the project in our accounting/project management software system
• Confirms receipt of all plans, bulletins, and specifications for distribution to Subcontractors, Suppliers, and other Project Stakeholders
• Prepares and forwards required reports and documentation, including quantity inputs, shop drawing logs, job status reports, schedules updates, requests for information (RFI) logs, meeting minutes, progress photos, progress of work, and cash flow projections
• Assists in preparing “Completion Report”
• Obtains and submits all guarantees, warranties, operating instructions, and as-built drawings at Project completion
• Prepares, maintains, and distributes Project Directory
• Prepares and tracks all Client and Subcontractor change requests and COs as directed by Project Manager
• Receives, prepares, submits, follows-up, tracks, and distributes all RFIs
• Files for and terminates all required air quality and storm-water (SWPPP) permits. All air quality and SWPPP are to be filled out by the Project Superintendent and approved by the Project Manager.
• Promotes safety during the performance of all daily project responsibilities
• Forwards punch list items to subs and follows up for estimated and actual completion dates
• Maintain project progress photographs
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture; or
• 2-5 years equivalent construction experience.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under
construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is
exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Note: This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Approximate time in position before promotion: 1-2 years
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Samantha Thomas (email@example.com)
Geotechnical Engineer Project Assistant at JPB Engineering Inc.
Contact: Amie Miranda-Pesquira (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Kāneʻohe, HI
Description: JPB Engineering, Inc. is looking for a motivated, independent working individual to join our team. This is an entry level position which will give you the opportunity to work on geotechnical engineering projects in a multi-disciplinary project team environment. In collaboration with the geotechnical team leader, you will learn and be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
Scoping and overseeing field explorations including subsurface materials logging (some travel required).
Undertaking various types of geotechnical analyses and calculations.
Assist the geotechnical team leader in managing the budget and quality on small to medium size geotechnical projects.
Contribute to proposal preparation activities.
Be able to independently deliver small geotechnical projects from start to finish.
Be able to give technical direction to drafting and clerical personnel in preparation of reports, drawings, plans, specifications etc.
Assist in geotechnical report preparation on medium to large projects.
Interface with various project managers and principals to understand their geotechnical needs.
The position offers the opportunity for advancement and growth. We are looking for a full time employee for summer 2022.
To apply: Please email your resume, contact information and availability dates to begin work.
Project Engineer at Hawaiʻi Public Housing Authority
Contact: HPHA HR Office (email@example.com)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Description: The HPHA’s Construction Management Branch is seeking a Project Engineer to manage major capital improvement projects for Federal and State Public Housing developments statewide. As a Project Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for managing several design and construction projects, ensuring that they are completed within budget and time frames, funding deadlines, and in accordance with federal and/or state rules and regulations. This position will plan projects, prepare cost estimates, manage design, and construction progress, change proposal and progress payment requests, maintain cost data records, wage and hour certification, accessibility compliance, review complex engineering designs, manage and administer multiple design construction contacts and projects for the HPHA.
$6,250.00 – $6,812.00 Monthly
$75,000.00 – $81,744.00 Annually
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Building Construction or Engineering.
Substitution: Excess work experience as described below which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted for Education on a year-for-year basis. To be acceptable, the experience must have been of such scope, level and quality as to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in the planning, design and construction of projects as a project coordinator, project manager. or contracting officer is preferred.
Quality of Experience: Possession of the required number of years of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for a position. The applicant’s overall experience must have been of such scope and level of responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that he/she has the ability to perform the duties of the position for which he/she is being considered.
To apply: For consideration, you may submit or email a cover letter, a completed State of Hawaii Application for Non-Civil Service Appointment HRD 278 (see link below), and a detailed resume to:
Hawaii Public Housing Authority
Human Resources Office – Building B
1002 N. School Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
The State of Hawaii Application for Non-Civil Service Appointment, HRD 278 may be accessed online at http://humanservices.hawaii.go
Note: These aforementioned positions are exempt non-civil service and are on continuous recruitment until filled. HPHA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation package with added benefits with the State of Hawaii. Salary range is commensurate with training and experience.
For a list of other positions please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com
Director of Engineering at Photonworks Engineering
Contact: Tina Sprague (Tina@photonworks.com)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Description: Requirements – Must be a team player and be willing to go above and beyond the norm to achieve outstanding results. Candidate must have In depth knowledge of photovoltaic design and engineering for systems, energy storage, and electrical systems for residential & commercial applications. Must be proficient in AUTOCAD and be able to produce complete and accurate system designs. Must be knowledgeable in National Electric Code and local Hawaii utility interconnection requirements. Electrical engineering degree is preferred but not required. Valid State of Hawaii Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer is also highly desirable. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. This is a full-time permanent salary position with opportunities for long term growth. Are you up for a challenge in the energy field? Come join our team and help Hawaii achieve a 100% renewable energy future.
This position is a multidisciplinary management position touching sales, electrical engineering, construction and project management. Engineering management is a critical function, and the company seeks an individual capable of both managing the day-to-day tasks involved and also looking forward to building the team and infrastructure required to grow the companies engineering and implementation capabilities. Responsibilities will include specification, design, estimating, and drafting of mechanical and electrical plans for residential & commercial-scale solar photovoltaic systems, battery-based energy storage systems, electrical systems and various other renewable energy technologies. Responsibilities also include supervision and submission of permit applications at municipal building departments, as well as involvement with project management and sales department. Design, analyze, and develop photovoltaic and electrical projects/systems, including the selection of system components and specifications, and the generation of CAD layouts, electrical diagrams, permitting documentation, and support sales team in creating compelling proposal documents, assist in developing project schedules, budgets, energy models, scopes of work, and standards. Refine and document processes that company follows in the design and engineering of PV, BESS and electrical systems including development of Standard operating procedures. Serve as the repository for documented engineering related processes; Develop, refine and maintain standardized tools used by the engineering group on a daily basis in the design and engineering of energy systems. These tools include excel worksheets and CAD drawing library templates. Monitor the pipeline of commercial projects; anticipate engineering resources required, allocate resources to specific projects, establish milestones, monitor progress, mentor and support staff so that engineering does not bottleneck the flow of project implementation. Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, installation best practices and support other managers as well as members of engineering team as the “expert” on the technical and engineering aspects of PV systems. Serve as the company spokesman on engineering related issues both internally and externally. Mentor and train members of the engineering team increasing individual and company engineering capability. Build-out engineering team. Interview and hire engineers as company grows. Assist the sales team in understanding the engineering impacts of site specific or customer specific requirements, preparing cost estimates and technical proposals. Build infrastructure that increases the company’s ability to perform high quality pre-sales engineering with minimal overhead expense. Assist with contract review and negotiation in terms of engineering, testing or monitoring requirements. Assist project managers and construction managers with the successful completion of projects and participate in the resolution of field related issues that require engineering input. Assist purchasing manager to understand and evaluate various products from an engineering /technical standpoint. Periodically meet with vendors to learn about the technical aspects of their products. Disseminate this information appropriately throughout the company. Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, suppliers, and customers. Support expansion of business as directed by management.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Tina Sprague (Tina@photonworks.com)
Project Engineer at Allied Builders System
Contact: Sean Tamashiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Description: If you are looking to have an immediate hands on impact on our company and community and feel a sense of accomplishment in seeing things built , this may be the opportunity for you. Together we will develop a career path and train you to complete the primary duties below successfully.
– Provide overall administrative and technical direction for Superintendents assigned to projects. Successfully able to execute and/or run projects independently (up to 3 million dollars)
– Provide direction of the day-to-day operations of the assigned projects by implementing plans and policies to achieve overall Company objectives and maximize operations.
– Fully Capable and proficient of completing and adhering to the following work requirements:
– Project Control
– Thoroughly understand plans and specifications. Compliance to project’s documents.
– Analyze the project during preplanning for anticipated problem areas.
– Knowledge to seek solutions in problem solving and cost saving measures.
– Know UBC, ADA and other trade codes.
– Know cost saving areas – materials, techniques, sequencing, etc.
– Understand Change Proposal/Change Order process.
– Understand and follow-through of preplanning requirements.
– Know safety requirements.
– Documentation – logbook, reports, letters.
– Know Project Closeout process and requirements.
– Properly approve invoices in a timely manner.
– Know submittal and material procurement process for scheduling and monitoring with timely updating of reports.
– Know quality control work and compliance requirements.
– Project moral and motivation.
– Understand Cost Report.
– Set-up and run preconstruction meetings.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com for an opportunity for an interview.
Project Manager at KECI Civil, Inc
Contact: Paul Y Iwata (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Denver, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada
Description: Managing State Highway Projects in Nevada and Colorado
Visit KECI.org which details the type of projects that have been worked on and completed
To apply: Send resume to email email@example.com
Or call Paul Iwata (303) 791-3759 ext 12
(1974 Graduate U of H)
Manufacturing Process / Equipment Engineer at TruTag Technologies, Inc.
Contact: Stacey Higa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Kapolei, HI
Description: TruTag Process/Equipment Engineers are responsible for all aspects of a wafer fabrication process including tool selection and process definition. They assist with the design, installation, modification, upgrade, and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment. This includes process setup and technician and operator training. This position will use data to make intelligent improvements to overall fabrication process and will be responsible for understanding all aspects of the process performed. This includes the interaction of the process to other fab processing, enabling accurate product dispositions of non-conforming product. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
In this semiconductor fab engineer role, you will be responsible for engineering process optimization efforts to achieve fab cycle time goals. You will interface with various modules, in addition to yield, product and integration teams, to resolve issues that limit yield performance.
• Design and implementation of automated equipment in a silicon wafer process environment.
• Strong problem solving and analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Proven ability to scale up R&D and Pilot processes to a commercial manufacturing operation.
• Proven ability to initiate, conceptualize, design, commission, and startup process improvements to existing production operations.
• Proven abilities in using quality tools (SPC, Process Capability, DOE, etc.) to analyze, develop, and start-up manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work within a diverse workforce and provide a positive and motivational work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequently changing priorities.
• Experience preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentation.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert knowledge level of electrical and mechanical systems, lock out, tag out training and COHE is expected.
• Experience with Solidworks preferred.
The successful candidate shall
• Own all aspects of factory’s 300mm toolsets.
• Be responsible for safety, quality, equipment uptime performance.
• Create accurate specified procedures and checklists and maintain all sustaining systems relevant to your toolsets.
• Perform new equipment startup; responsible for ensuring the tools are installed and qualified and work with process owner to validate.
• Drive continuous improvement in the health and matching of your toolset(s) by maintaining and driving an improvement roadmap.
• Lead your tools and area to achieve best-in-class tool availability.
• Design, develop, implement, and analyze of both internally designed and outsourced manufacturing equipment and systems and overall management of facilities maintenance.
• Oversee the conception, research and development of new equipment and procedures; take hands-on role in equipment design and acceptance as well as process development on new equipment.
• Participate in cGMP certification/validation of new/upgraded tools and processes.
• Coordinate process technology transfer from R&D to production using disciplined engineering practices to design, review and document the engineering effort.
• Develop manufacturing and operations processes for safety, product quality, cost efficiency, and overall company profitability, direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, and maintenance in industrial plants.
• Take responsibility for ensuring all changes & improvements are approved and documented (ECR, ECO).
• Review, approve, or modify product designs; Develop/review/approve Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs and equipment specifications.
• Position will require working on shift 1 and will require some on-call coverage.
Required Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
• 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and a track record of success in increasingly complex and demanding roles or assignments
• Skills in manual, semi-automated and automated wafer process system design
• Experience designing/building/implementin
• Experience with small to mid-size, high-tech pilot manufacturing environment.
• Experience developing high-tech manufacturing processes and designing multiple generations of manufacturing equipment.
• Experience with wet-process systems.
• Hands-on experience in semiconductor wet and thermal processes.
• Direct process engineering experience.
• Familiarity with functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
• Experience with cGMP.
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Days
• Medical, Dental, Drug and Vision Insurance/COBRA
• Disability Insurance
• Cafeteria Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
• 401(k) Retirement/Savings Plan.
Travel required: Occasional
Relocation Package: None
TruTag is committed to a safe work environment. All candidates will be assessed for their experience with high-tech manufacturing operations and safety precautions. Successful candidates will be required to complete TruTag’s rigorous safety training program and demonstrate understanding of the material presented prior to engaging in applied activities.
TruTag has an established environmental, health and safety program that meets or exceeds all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and requirements to which TruTag subscribes, while executing our mission. Our operations are guided by a safety and environmental policy that strives to provide a workplace free of serious, recognized hazards and we comply with these standards issued by OSHA and EPA. Compliance with environmental, health, and safety standards is a key ingredient in the training and performance reviews of all personnel.
To apply: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CAD Designer at Alternate Energy Hawai’i
Contact: Melissa (melissa@alternateenergyhawaii
Location: Pearl City, HI
Description: One of Hawaii’s largest renewable energy providers is currently seeking a CAD Designer!
Candidate will be responsible for working with design and administration teams to design photovoltaic (PV), air conditioning (AC) and solar water heating systems. Candidate will work as an architectural, civil and electronic drafter, and able to draw/draft in CAD. Candidate must be a strong communicator, disciplined, detail oriented, and a confident support resource for other team members in technical matters.
Experience in the solar industry not required but PREFERRED.
Duties and responsibilities:
Work with CAD systems creating, modifying, and releasing drawings and word drawings under direct supervision for use by other departments and customers in short notice
Participate in preparation of requirements, documents, design verification and validation as well as technical design reviews for PV, AC and solar water heating systems
Ability to coordinate and work closely with all departments, other designers, and consultants to ensure drawings convey accurate information
Preparation of complete electrical, mechanical and structural design
Preparation of detailed construction drawings, documentation and submittals per Code compliance
Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, compliance to standards, fits and stack-ups
To apply: Please send your resume to Melissa at melissa@alternateenergyhawaii.
Safety and Security Certification Specialist at ADS System Safety Consulting
Contact: Jodie Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Description: Safety and Security Certification Specialist
ADS System Safety Consulting, LLC is a professional consulting firm providing high impact and high value risk-based system safety, system security, and fire/life safety consulting and engineering services to the transportation, space, aviation, and defense industries. Our clients include a mix of Federal, State and Local government agencies including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Aviation Administration, State Departments of Transportation and the nation’s largest transit agencies.
We are looking for a highly skilled and qualified Safety and Security Certification Specialists to support the Honolulu Rail Transit Project. The position is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant must be able to work as part of a diverse multi-disciplined project team. Successful candidates must also have strong project planning and execution skills and be capable of analyzing project plans and designs to identify potential safety and security risks and possible mitigations and controlling measures to these risks. Additional candidate qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Systems, Fire Protection, Safety Sciences) or related field.
• Relevant licenses and certifications from independent safety organizations, such as CSP, WSO, TSSP, etc. strongly preferred.
• Experience performing various safety analysis techniques including preliminary hazards analyses, fault tree analyses, and failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis desired but not required.
• Experience interpreting nationally recognized safety codes, standards and regulations.
• Experience in process consultation, project management, problem-solving and statistical analysis desired.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to present project materials and findings to client personnel from all levels of organization, from front line employees to senior executive staff.
• Position is based in Honolulu, Hawai’i.
Basic duties of the position may include:
• Reviewing engineering documentation and drawings (i.e., architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, track and communications, civil, systems, etc.) and issuing comments regarding compliance with safety standards, fire codes as well as other local building codes.
• Conducting safety engineering reviews of construction and engineering documents, drawings, specifications and operating procedures to ensure that fire and safety codes, standards and principles are integrated into the project and safety hazards are identified, eliminated, minimized and/or controlled.
• Conducting site visits in the field to verify safety and security requirements have been met through documentation or visual means and preparing reports.
• Supporting the safety and security certification process required by the FTA.
• Managing and conducting analyses on various transportation systems (examples: Railcars, Train Control, Communications, etc.) to identify potential safety hazards and mitigation strategies.
• Developing safety and security design criteria and requirements for technical specifications.
• Conducting reviews and analyses of new Standard and Emergency Operating Procedures, operating rules, bulletins and training programs.
• Reviewing accident/incident reports and assisting with the development and implementation of corrective actions.
• Implementing the requirements of 49 CFR 674 and supporting related activities associated with the State Safety Oversight Program.
• Developing and/or reviewing safety training programs for employees and recommending revisions as needed.
• Participating on and/or leading safety committees and safety audit teams and developing comprehensive safety reports.
• Job may require frequent visits to active construction work sites.
This is a full-time, salaried position with excellent health care and dental benefits, paid time off, and IRA plan options. Relocation assistance is not being offered at this time.
If interested, and you meet the above requirements please send resume and cover letter to Jodie Phillips at email@example.com.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Jodie Phillips, Director of HR and Administration – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Engineer at BEK
Contact: Rob Liddicoat (email@example.com)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Description: A BEK Project Engineer (PE) is primarily responsible for coordinating, filing, tracking, logging, reviewing, and communicating information and documentation on a project. The PE will also provide both technical and administrative assistance to the Project Manager and Foreman/Superintendent as required. Specific job responsibilities and skills include, but are not limited to:
Average Salary Range:
Note: Salary is based on experience
• Initialize project document logs (RFIs, Drawings, Submittals, etc.)
• Thoroughly review the project specifications and create a schedule of all required samples, shop drawings, test reports, and any or all other submittal requirements for the project. Organize the schedule according to BEK standard operating procedures and communicate with the General Contractor to determine quantity of submittal packages, due dates, etc.
• Coordinate with eh Project Manager and project Foreman/Superintendent to identify critical long-lead items and develop the project procurement schedule
• Setup an engineering document file system according to BEK standard procedures
• Develop a thorough understanding of the project plans and documents and assist the Project Manager with the plan review
• Coordinate with the Safety Manager and Foreman/Superintendent to promote jobsite safety
• Organize, manage, and track the entire submittal/shop drawing review process to ensure that all required submittals have been reviewed and approved in a timely matter so as to not disrupt construction schedule
• Work with the field supervision team and the Project Manager to create clear and concise Requests For Information (RFI) that will be understood and answered by the Project Design Team with minimal effort. Whenever possible, recommend a suggested response to the RFI
• Maintain a current and accurate RFI log and file according to BEK’s standard operating procedures
• Assist the Project Manager with change order coordination.
• Review drawings for potential changes
• Verify that change information is accurately communicated to the field in a timely manner
• Create and maintain a file of jobsite progress photos of overall work in place
• Responsible for coordinating and tracking the distribution and storage of all documents including: drawing sets, specifications, sketches, ASIs, permits, et.
To apply: Email a copy of your resume and references to Rob Liddicoat at firstname.lastname@example.org.